Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Linnol aew (Songbird)

This is my song written in Elvish language Sindarin.

Linnol Aew     (Songbird)              
Min dor ias ely dorthar lain,      /Between the land where are dreams live free,/
Ias linnon  ias edlothia laer       /There I sing, there is always spring/
Non bain beleg tawar           /My wondrous grove, /
Sila  gul  glawar.                   /Light of magic glow./
Edro lin hin tiro nef menel.       /Open your eyes and look upon the skies./

Lasto  linnon, gonodo beth nîn.       /Hear my song, Remember my voice./
Tolo erin gail, dartho guin nin.             /Come to light of the fire and stay with me./
And darthann gen.                         /I waited for you./
Lu sui nen.                                    /Time flowed like a water./
Meneg annin  estel a meleth  pen.        /A thousand long years of hoping and loving./

Im con Aew linnol                          /I'm your songbird/
Linnon nedh tinnu                          /I'm singing in the cover of night/
Lasto linnon                                  /Hear my song/

Ir awarthan taen en menel               /If I leave the height of the sky/
Tauron  lachatha ned ur noer           /My forest burned in the fire of sorrow/
Ned raim en band                           /In the walls of the prison/
U-nella glir brand                            /Will not sound noble song./
Nin gonathra non meleth mael         /I tangled with my passionate love./

No comments:

Post a Comment